The Muse, apparently refreshed from her prolonged absence, thought otherwise...
Before I knew it, I had cleaned and assembled all the Dreadfleet terrain (yeah, I fell for the Man O'War nostalgia buy :/ ) , and was well underway assembling my Dwarf fleet:
Speaking of Nautilii, I want to do a bit more for the submerged option than just plonking down a "submerged" counter next to the model. I'd like to build proper submerged models and have been thinking/experimenting on how to best go about it:
-A. My original idea of making a Natilus profile as a "submerged" marker.
-B. A based, non-submerged Nautilus.
-C. My second idea, of making an empty base, to serve as the "submerged" marker.
-D. A still-unbased Nautilus, for comparison.
My intention is for both option A and C to have the chimney and banner still sticking out of the water. On option A I tried one of the ideas for doing water on the bases:
After that, insanity struck...
You see, somewhere in the past I had acquired a Heller 1/600 model of the Couronne with the intention of using it for Man O'War or Dreadfleet as a Bretonnian Galleon. Sadly it turned out to be way too large for either application. When I found it again in the stash, and having run out of momentum with the Dwarf fleet for a bit (I can't progress until I decide on basing), I decided to have a go at the build/conversion anyway, just for fun and possibly for display.
What can I say about the Heller model, it is rough, it really shows its age. But that is not a problem in this case, as its roughness released me from the need to be finicky and delicate with my alterations. :D
No expansive explanations or blow-by-blows for this build, just a few quick piccies:
See you next time!