zondag 2 september 2012

What I've been up to...

Well, in July, I had painted that large Ork mob. In august  (after 2 weeks of holiday, couldn't bring the hobby stuff) I've been working on a unit of 10 stormboys.
But sadly that seems to have stalled out just before the finish line.... (I still need to do the Nob's skin and the detailing on the remaining Stormboys, but I just can't bring myself to actually sit down and do it.)
Here's the group of five I've managed to finish:

So, what have I been up to instead of painting Orks?
Corridors and their denizens, apparently.
I've been busy taking the misses' Warhammer Quest miniatures from the sprue. That way we can at least play the game until I get everything painted. And I will save some time when I get around to painting them... No more cleanup before primering! Straight to paint! :)
As an extra, I've also been mulling over the (un)feasibility/insanity of building 3D Quest terrain... (I know, I just can't help myself!) I've got some ideas, but I'm not ready to share them yet. First I need to decide wether I'll go ahead with this or not... A.k.a.: Try to talk myself out of it.
Which in turn meant Ive also been eyeing my Space Hulk 3D notes and references again.... (Sigh... I'm not making this easy on myself, am I?)
Through this, I've also encountered another SH3D blog I hadn't seen before: Check your corners. Take a look, he builds pretties!

See you next time!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten