Yesterday I realised that the past two months, everything I had painted was an Ork. First thing in the painting line (because still unfinished from last time) were.... more Orcs. :-(
Both are "production line painting": having several similar models on the go at the same time.
I decided I needed a little intermezzo, to clean the palate as it were...
A little single figure painting, giving one model my full attention. And certainly something non-greenskinned!
So I prepped these two lovely figures:
Hasslefree Miniatures. Lovely figures, beautiful sculpts, full of personality. Made by absolutely wonderful people to boot!
The bases are made by fitting a sheet of milliput green-grey to the bases. Once hard I scored the knotwork and seams for the floortiles with a sharp sculpting tool. The sheet was then popped from the base, so I could break and distress it. The great thing about milliput green-grey is that when you chip it or grind broken edges together, you get a texture very much like stone. After that I superglued the fragments back on to the base.
Here are some shots that show the bases a bit more:
At the moment I'm still considering adding some hair to Wolf, he's awfully bald at the moment...