vrijdag 11 maart 2016

Fresh loot and mojo resurgent (hopefully).

Today a package arrived from the Campaigner Magazine
I participated in their survey last year, and I was one of the lucky ones to win some games. These arrived today.
Here's the package:

 Let's open it, first there is a nice note:
So, let's see what games are in there:

There's Tavern Fame, a "drinking" game (no actual booze required) about adventurers boasting about their exploits in order to gain the greatest audience. And Viewpont and Viewpoint Reflections, card games about, erm, viewpoints? (I've yet to open these and find out more, so sorry for the less-than-indepth review...) They're all quick half-hour max games, so they would be great fillers between longer games or when waiting for everyone to show up on RPG night. I'm looking forward to trying them out, Tavern Fame especially, its silly fun should suit my gaming buddies tastes just fine.
As a bonus, there was also an extended play edition of  Bubblewrap: the Poppening in the box, helping to keep the other games safe and warm during transit. ;D


If you don't know the Campaigner Magazine, I'd advise you check them out. They cover a diverse range of boardgames, wargames and rpgs, so there should be something of interest for everyone.

So, once again, thank you Campaigner Magazine!



Now, on to the mojo resurgent part:
The past week I've been happily stripping and cleaning those Escher models I got from Gunbird at the start of this week. I've been making Greenstuff casts of some of my spaceship bases, tu use as part of the underhive rubble I want to base these badass ladies with. This basing will be similar to that of the Pit Slave/Mechanicus work-gang minis I have; a mix of buckled metal decking, sand/rust and other debris.  I'm really enjoying working on this gang, and have even dug out the pit slaves again and have begun sketching ideas for Necromunda terrain. Hopefully I can keep this momentum going!

I've also been doing some repairs/fix-ups on conversions done by the previous owner of the Eschers.
In the lot is a Heavy converted to carry an old metal Chaos heavy bolter. She seemed a bit unbalanced gripping the gun mostly at the rear, so I replaced her left arm, to allow it to support the gun nearer to the muzzle. A juve had lost her pistol, so this got replaced with a stub gun from my (carefully hoarded) Necromunda weapons pack.
But the biggest job was on the Leader. She had a powersword from the 2nd edition 40K Space Marine weapon sprue. To me it looked far to thick and clunky to suit the Escher style. Plus it had broken off during cleaning, giving me the ideal opportunity to replace it with something more graceful. Digging through my bits box didn't provide a suitable replacement, so I felt I had to build a replacement myself. Out came the plasticard!

Here are the results:


Her old blade is on the cutting mat in front of her. Here's a better view of the new blade itself:
 
The power unit and pommel were donated by a Grey Knight power falchion that I deemed to large and overbearing for the Escher model. The rest is carefully cut, shaved and filed plasticard and plastic rod. I think it really looks the part!

See you next time!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Look forward to seeing her painted, nicely constructed sword fella.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you, I'm looking forward to painting her. :) Started painting the first three this afternoon, but not much to show yet... I only got around to basecoating their skin.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Reacties
    1. Thank you, Seb, that means a lot to me coming from a bits-master like you. :D

      Verwijderen