zaterdag 17 december 2016

Howling Griffons, a slow expansion.

Hello again,

Well the planning and scheming for the Badab War Campaign is in full swing, the Belgian wargamers I originally discussed the idea with have gotten their club involved, and a friend from Delft has also dived in. So we're suddenly looking at a full-blown campaign with 9-10 armies! Yay! :D

As a result, my Hobby Mojo has been bubbling again and I'm currently looking very enthusiastically at my little stockpile of Griffons. I have less than I would like, but enough to get a serviceable 2nd edition army out of. Just need to expand a few things. Oh, and paint all those quartered scheme marines....

To get started again, over the past two weekends I've been finishing the two Howling Griffon Terminators that have been on my workbench for far too long. Here they are:

Brothers Darvin and Ahlrig, of the First Company. (Sorry about the glare, the light is a bit crappy today.)

And the view that no enemy shall get of them while they live:
Brother Darvin carries his record of oaths fulfilled with him, as well as the bones of a fallen Battle Brother.
Brother Ahlrig shows his devotion and purity through the brass Eagle and purity seals on his armour:

Brothers Ahlrig and Darvin bring my total complement of finished Howling Griffon Terminators to.... well....Three. Here they are, alongside Brother Logan:

And in their intended habitat:

Proper daylight for painting is gone here, so I think it's time to fire up Space Hulk: Deathwing! (Thoroughly enjoying the game so far, I just wish some buddies of mine had it as well, so we could do some co-op action!)

See you next time!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Well, the reaction we got from our club was a big surprise. Some of them hadn't touched a mini in more than 10 years. But I'm happy they did respond with such enthousiasm, even though everyone picked the side of the Imperium.

    The terminators you did look fabulous and I look forward to see them in person, as well as facing them in the field of Battle. We'll see if I can turn them over (which sounds a bit like they're helpless turtles) and see their rear.

    I hadn't noticed the book before. While it is a nice addition it reminds me a bit of a dwarven book of grudges. Something we joked a lot about during RPG's in the past.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Heh, it would have been better with a more even spread between Loyalist and Secessionist, true. I guess the Lamenters and Mantis Warriors somehow have less appeal.

      Thanks! I look forward to fielding them. :)

      Verwijderen