The original plan was to do the rust effects base layer Saturday so I could salt-weather the metal areas today. Unfortunately I spent most of Saturday fighting with mixing ratios and nozzle clogging (I'm fairly new to this whole airbrush thing...) and I couldn't get a mixture with a satisfying coverage without clogging constantly. So I packed things up instead.
This morning Sjors came over to lend me his Vallejo Air set, and things got off flying! It meant I didn't have to fight the mixing ratio and paint and could focus on getting used to the airbrush and getting things done instead! So today I finished the rust effects on the first terrain piece and the loose barriers and walkway. Next weekend I'll try the salt weathering and hopefully also get a start on painting the other parts of the terrain piece. Or I will keep the airbrush running and start the rust stage on the second piece as well. We'll see.
Here are the results of today's efforts, after the airbrushing stage:
As I expect to be using a lot of wash on the Necromunda Terrain project, Sjors and I also spent some time mixing Nuln Oil and Agrax Earth surrogates, Luke's APS style. I now have a small(-ish) jar of each, enough to thoroughly test it, and finish/drench a terrain piece or two. All in all, a good hobby-weekend!
See you next time!