donderdag 13 maart 2014

Paving the way...

...Underground, that is.

I've finished the flooring on the first dungeon section:
I made the tiles from some clay I still had laying around from some other project and smoothed a thin layer onto a sheet of plastic and cut squares and rectangles of different sizes into it. Once dry these simply popped loose. I glued these, section  by section onto the floor with wood glue, randomly selecting the part that would fit.
I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.
But while working I discovered that the water in the wood glue was actually partially dissolving some of the tiles if I pushed too hard. I hope this is just the clay not being fully hardened yet, because if the clay remains water soluble, I'll have quite some problems when I try to paint this section!
We'll just have to wait and see.

While building this thing is fun, it's turning out to take a lot longer than I had anticipated. I'm looking forward to finishing it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen