zaterdag 21 maart 2020

Catching up

With the social distancing in effect, I've done some more hobbying that usual in the past weeks...

The start of the medieval farmstead that I built ages ago has finally had it's date with the airbrush and paintbrush, just basing/flocking remains to be done:

I've also been assembling a core force of  Space Wolves, which required some greenstuffing:

In the meanwhile, in the background I was printing stuff. Unfortunately I suffered a major clog in the print head.This forced me to fully disassemble and clean the hot end, as well as replace the bowden tubing... After several days (over several weeks) of tweaking, I have it running reliably again.

But the major endeavour of this month has been two buildings for my Cyberpunk terrain project. They still have some small touches to do (matt varnish, windows and the till on the store interior still needs to be painted), but for the moment, they're finished enough. Both have accessible interiors and locations where signage can be magnetically attached.










The front door is reversible, with a regular door and a quarantine door. :)

 The 3-story building is 3D printed, with some scratch-built additions, the shop is from large scale train terrain. Graffiti and tags are decals (home printed), posters and signs are printed paper, while the magnetized signage is all 3d-printed.

As I was airbrushing a lot anyway, I decided to paint up this little thing as well:

I've also started up a new set of meads. The theme for this batch is "pear". 
Centre is a pear melomel, made by adding chopped pears to the mead recipe, the rightmost is a pear-cyser, made by substituting the water in the mead recipe with pear juice. The leftmost is just whatever pear juice, pear bits and honey I had left over from the other two batches. ;)
(They're in buckets because I tend to have a fairly energetic fermentation the first few days, and I like to contain the spillage.)

See you next time!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Those buildings look great! The green stuff on the banner look great too, particularly the wolf skin portion. Much more like a skinned head than the usual pelts you see on miniatures.

    And lol at the Ron Swanson poster.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you! The pelt is actually a green stuff cast from the one on the old metal Logan Grimnar model.

    Hehe, glad you like it! I can't help myself putting little jokes like that in my terrain. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen