zondag 23 september 2018

A derelict Citiplex, part three

And progress continues on the Citiplex...
I've airbrushed the rust and grime basecoat on the floors and walls, then hairsprayed them (to enable chipping at a later stage, should I want to).   I managed to get the floors painted after the hairspray had dried. All this I managed to do in an afternoon off from work.


This weekend, I didn't quite get as much time as I'd liked to, but at least I managed to do the basecoat/shading for the walls and columns.
One side of each wall I painted in a tan/dirty white colour, with other side a faded, dark green.

I divided the columns in equal numbers, half getting the tan, the other half getting sprayed in green.



Now I need to decide if I want to add some coloured striping or other markings before I start the chipping process. Hopefully I can do this next weekend.

I've also, bit by bit, started receiving the EL-wire, battery packs and LEDs I need to start building the sections I want to incorporate lighting in. Frustratingly, the components that seem to take the longest to arrive are the spools of wire that I need to actually connect things together...

After years of not doing so, I'm really enjoying building scenery again and the airbrush just makes painting it once finished so much faster and more fun!

See you next time!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten