maandag 2 april 2018

Part two: Colour Conundrum: Space Hulk (seeking advice!)

In attempt to settle matters for myself, I've painted a pair of test models for the alternate colour scheme today.
Here's a few shots of the old and new scheme to compare them:

The new scheme:


My version of the classic scheme:


And both side by side:



Of course, I'll have to stare at them a bit, to see which way the coin falls. On the one hand the classic scheme does have the weight of nostalgia behind it. On the other hand, the new scheme looks rather cool, and the speed at which I can knock them out.
I'd like to have your input, which colours scheme would you prefer?

See you next time!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. I love the new scheme, it has a creepy taught skin feel to it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. A few of both? 2nd hand Genestealer sprues are cheap enough......:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks for the feedback, guys!
    I'll give the classic scheme a go through the airbrush this weekend (or one of the next ones...) and see how it looks. I'm leaning towards the new scheme as well. So I'll do one of my Space Hulk sets that way. And if it looks good en masse, I'll also do the rest of my genestealers and cult like that.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen