zaterdag 22 juli 2017

Maxing the Mad, or how to make a Wasteland, part 3

Well, today has been a productive day, the morning was spent painting the dunes and rock pillars:



After the sealant coats with thinned PVA (mixed with paint) I painted the basecoat with a paint gun (as in: the big thing that came with the compressor, not an airbrush...). Which, after some double sided tape/hot glue to fix the terrain pieces in place, worked acceptably.
Drybrushing followed after that. While the dunes ended up a bit darker than planned, I'm pleased with the result. The rock technique has been declared a succes, so I proceeded to start on one of the larger hills:
Hopefully I can get some more progress on this piece tomorrow.

See you next time!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Thank you guys! No progress today... I usually do my terraining outside (especially the messy filler and paint parts) and it has been pouring all day. So I had a nice relaxing day with some comic books and a movie. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Yeah, it was the same over here.
    We tried to go on a walk but had to run for shelter because of the rain, multiple times.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen