zondag 3 september 2017

Hive, sweet Hive

Well, it was to be expected with the announced return of Necromund, that I'd dive straight in again...
While my Escher gang is still distinctly less painted than I'd like them to be I decided to start building terrain. I've only  ever played on the basic Necromunda cardboard and bulkhead terrain and I felt that needed to change. (Seeing, over the past few years, all the beautiful Necromunda/Inq28 terrain being built by hobbyists online, most notably the Yggdrassiliume board  by Neil101 and the Sump Town/Curse of the Alabaster by Shibboleth, have made me covet a nicely modelled terrain set of my own. Who said envy can't be a positive emotion? ;P )

So, with the wife away for the weekend, I dragged all my raw materials out of storage and set to. 
Here are the results halfway through day one:

Since taking these pictures around noon, I've added texture to the platforms, added hoses and tubes to the silo, some scattered debris/garbage to the ground and textured the silo to give it a nice rusty, grungy and nasty appearance. Tomorrow will bring more detailing and texturing the floor, with maybe a start on building two.
I'm planning to store as much of this terrain inside a few Pappis boxes, and to that end I've marked the dimensions of the bottom of a Pappis box on my sheet of basing materials twice. Whenever I cut a base, I will try to stay within these lines.  Any gaps and leftovers can be used for basing scatter terrain.


Ofcourse this terrain can be used for more than just Necromunda. I could use it for regular 40K (just use a bit less of it, on a larger table), Kill Team or Shadow War: Armageddon. There's the option of Inquisimunda/Inq28 ont it.  Smaller terrain items and scatter pieces, I could also use for Space Hulk (and vice versa, the SH tunnel sections can also be used for Necromunda, I "just" need to finish those too...). And ofcourse it could also see use in other Post-Apocalyptic settings.


I'm stoked and plan to spend as much of my spare time (at least until a new job kicks in) building more terrain. Hopefully the hive will rise quickly! ( So my Genestealer Cult can infect it...) 

See you next time!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten