zondag 1 oktober 2017

On the road to Tobruk

Once, a long time ago, I had plans to build a 20mm DAK army. Sadly this petered out, as it was just two of us interested in WWII gaming and we both had full plates. Then, a few months ago, a few friends got back into wargaming, initially just Gaslands, but soon WWII and the Battlegroup rules came up in conversation.  Now one friend is building a Russian Army, the second a British/Commonwealth army (I think) and Johan will attempt to build OPFOR for all of us. Which is only right, as he dragged us into this whole thing! :D (Plus he is mates with the maker of the game and the Plastic Soldier Company, who distribute it, as well as a load of kit for it.)

I have dug out my DAK stockpile as well. On the Dutch Battlegroup Facebook group, Johan has been running a monthly(ish) painting Challenge. In August this started with "Recce": Take two choices from the Recce section of your chosen Battlegroup theatre book and finish them before the end of the month.
Guess what I just finished? Only a month and a day late, for me that is making good time.
Last month's challenge, that has been extended for October as well is "Defences", I'll see if I can figure something out to make before the end of the month and maybe I'll get caught up with the challenges.

My recce choices were two SdKfz 222s, partly because I rather like the look of these little armoured cars, but also because I had these already built from when I last was active on my DAK...

Here they are:
I added in a Kubelwagen, as I already had it built, and used them as a test for my airbrush, to see how indercoating WWII vehicles would go with it. The final drybrush is a bit heavier that I would like, but I'm not complaining.
Here's some more piccies, as well as a shot including the other recon car I have painted:



Next in line are a couple of defences (still to decide which) and ofcourse the whole Necromunda project. I had to stop working on the scenery for that a bit, as I hurt my back last weekend and have to take a rest from larger/heavier items and working outside in the cold (where, at the moment, I need to do my airbrushing...). Hopefully I can pick that project up again soon.

See you next time!

2 opmerkingen: