vrijdag 26 oktober 2018

Zeal and Ardor

This post requires a song...


As said in my previous post, I'm painting a small group of Adepta Sororitas a.k.a. Sisters of Battle.
Well, they're finished:


The original plan was to use a few of them for =I=Munda as protective detail for a frail Ministorum priest. (The priest would be a non-combatant and instant loss condition if he died, to off-set using power-armoured zealots in a relatively low-powered =I=Munda enviroment.)
But with all my gaming buddies getting fired up about Kill Team, they will see use there instead (or in addition, more likely...).
 The base tones and shades for the red were done by airbrush, followed by a thin wash and handpainted highlights. This gave me a deep, rich red that looked like ancient lacquered armour. From then on everything is was painted by hand. I really enjoyed painting these. They are lovely sculpts that have aged remarkably well (except perhaps the somewhat less-than female faces, but that has been a criticism of the sculpts since the day of their release). I have a few more stashed away, as well as some Sororitas non-combatants and Saint Celestine. Those may see paint a bit sooner than I originally anticipated, due to the enjoyment of painting these models!


Pict-capture by Servo-Skull, 938.M31: Members of the Blessed Orders of the Adepta Sororitas defending a sanctuary-shrine during the bi-annual Cull of the Mutants in the lower reaches of Vattgern Hive. Though a long-standing tradition, over the past few decades, the Cull has become increasingly controversial and disputed, as it deprives the industrial houses of the Hive of vital slave-labour until the mutant populations have restored themselves.

See you next time!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten