vrijdag 7 juli 2017

A day of contrasts.

Well, today is my birthday, yay me! :D

We had a lovely English Breakfast at a local place we had never been to before.
My wonderful wife gave me a Proxxon Thermocut, so I am over the moon and envisioning all sorts of projects, and my son provided me with the full Max Max quadrilogy set. Colour me happy!

A I went through my email just now, among the traditional (mostly automated) happy birthday messages from various online fora and retailers (I alway enjoy these, especially the ones that provide coupons, being a stingy Dutch bastard and all...) I found one from Photobucket...

So among the messages from various companies/groups saying "Happy birthday! We're glad to have you as a patron!" the one from Photobucket went:
"Um, yeah, well, we saw that you know, like enjoy actually using the photos you store with us... So we're gonna hafta start having you pay for that, mkay?"
Photobucket's version of  "Happy Birthday" :(
 Well, no, not okay. You just wrecked my blog and my various contributions to the online gaming community. That on my bloody birthday and on top of the increasing annoyance with pop-ups and ads the past year(s). So I shall be looking for another image hosting solution and restoring the visual aspect of my online hobby presence later this weekend. Until then, we celebrate.

See you next time!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Pretty close to a middle finger at your (and people's) face.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. You're one of the many unhappy customers.
    I guess they really wanted to make a lot of money quick as all they do is drive the majority of current clients away.
    Hopefully this was part of their business plan.
    Happy Birthday by the way!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Sadly, restoring my blog and forum posts will take a while longer as Photobuckets shoddy interface is fighting me every step of the way in downloading my own pictures... :(

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen