zondag 13 december 2015

Walled in.


We, Gunbird and I, started playing Frostgrave sometime after Crisis 2015, and are now building up a local group of players (started at the two of us, now at 5, maybe 6) and getting the hang of the rules before hopefully launching into a campaign.

The "Wall" spell has turned out to be quite popular, but so far we've been making due with folded paper walls as placeholders. High time to do something about that! I didn't feel like painting today, after finishing the Maggot Family, so grabbed some tools, mdf and foam and started building.
Heres what I got done in an afternoon:
 The mdf bases are somewhat conspicuous, partly on purpose, so these can be identified as walls created by spells. Maybe I'll paint the edge of the base with some kind of runes or script to really drive the point home.
If they were to be regular scenery, I'd have carved the bases back into stones, or hidden them in another way, or simply used a significantly thinner material for the base.
They're each 6" wide, 3" tall and about 2/3 of an inch thick.
I know the walls generated by the "Wall" spell have no appreciable thickness, but I made my walls a bit beefier. For stability, but also so I can use them as regular walls in other games. I've got four finished so far, which should about be enough for a single game of Frostgrave, unless both players really go crazy with the spell. Maybe I'll make some more so we can use them when playing several games at the same time. Perhaps even try a different style of wall altogether?

These four still need sealing with (thinned) PVA-glue before I can paint them.


See you next time!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Good idea, i'll have to steal it :-)
    I might make the walls a bit thicker at the base and thinner the higher they go, though. Have to think about it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. They certainly look the part, great idea.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks guys!
    Joakim, steal away! If I make a second set of walls, I'll make them in a different style. I may use your idea and go for more tapering walls.
    I've built two more since this post, I'll show them once painted.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen